Home to SF’s surf culture
The Sunset Highlights
- Sutro Baths: Beautiful to walk around Ocean Beach and the sea cliffs. Go to Louis Diner for a snack. Way cheaper than fancy restaurant nearby, and gorgeous view. And they source everything locally!
- Take a hike along the coastal trail of Lands End. You can find my favorite beach off of the Lands End trail, Mile Rock Beach (follow the signs—you have to hike down). If you don’t want to hike down, hike out to Eagle’s Point Labyrinth which gives an amazing view of Golden Gate Bridge and Mile Rock Beach.
Food & Drink in the Sunset
- Devil’s Teeth Bakery (3876 Noriega St): My FAVORITE bakery and home to the best breakfast sandwich in the neighborhood—arguably the city. It’s an egg sandwich on a buttermilk . Get it “special style” which includes avocado—Californians love avocado! You’ll find half the neighborhood there. I love lounging on the parklett outside.
- Toyose (3814 Noriega St.): Amazing Korean food in a garage. Kimchi fried rice is amazing. Open until 2am!
- The Riptide (3639 Taraval St): An awesome neighborhood bar with nightly events and live music some nights. Order the Bloody Mary (made with a splash of Guinness)!
- The Taco Shop @ Underdogs (1824 Irving St): Popular for Taco Tuesdays: $2 street tacos and Tecates from 5pm-12am in the Sunset. Order your tacos Nick’s way. Fun enviornment and boasts 10 plasma screen TVs.